Unless you enjoy spending many winter hours with your snow shovel clearing up heaps of snow, then there is nothing more convenient than a snow blower to save you time and effort. With a good quality snow blower you can clear a large area of snow in a fraction of the time it would take you with a regular shovel. Snow blowers are not only convenient, but they are also much easier on the body, especially in those cold winter months when trying to remove inches of snow from your property can leave your back and arms with many aches and pains. If your location has some bad snow storms, then a snow blower is an essential tool to make the long winter months that little bit easier. In this article, we will be reviewing the Best Compact Snow Blowers 2019. These snow blowers are ideal for smaller homes yet still powerful enough to clear inches of snow.
No. 1 Recommended Cordless Snow Blower
15 Inch 40 Volt Cordless Snow Blower by Snow Joe
Using a 40 volt lithium battery system, this cordless snow blower delivers up to 30 minutes of quiet operation time and produces zero carbon emissions. What we really like about this snow blower is that it doesn’t have any pull cords, gas, oil or need any tune ups. This cordless snow blower won’t have any tangled extension cords to get in your way when you need to remove snow from your property.
Using a two blade durable plastic auger, this snow blower clears up to 440 pounds of snow per minute and can clear a path of 15 inches wide by 8 inches deep with each pass.
The rechargeable 40 volt lithium ion battery provides 30 minutes of whisper-quiet run time and only needs around 2 hours of charge time to fully charge.
Another feature we really like about this snowblower is its ability to instantly start with a simple push of a button. It’s handle is also very easy to adjust, making it very comfortable to use for all users.
- Clearing width (inches) – 15
- Battery capacity aH – 2.5
- Adjustable handle
- Weight (lbs) – 23.8
- Auger material – Plastic
- Blowing capacity – 441 lbs per minute
- Ideal for removing snow from sidewalks, driveways and decks
This compact snow blower has a lot of power and is very lightweight and easy to handle. It is perfect for homeowners that need to clear a smaller area. The fully charged battery time of 30 minutes will allow you to clear a good portion of your property however it is best to plan in advance how much you need to get done. However, one fully charged battery should be more than enough to clear the average property size. It is worth noting that the snow blower battery will be used up quicker when the snow is very heavy.
For people living in small spaces the handle folds down to make this small snow blower even more compact and making it easier to store.
If you are looking for a powerful compact cordless snow blower, then this little 15 inch 40 volt snow blower by Snow Joe is one we can definitely recommend.
Best 22″ Compact Electric Snow Blower
22 Inch 15 Amp Electric Snow Blower by Snow Joe
This is the largest snow blower we are reviewing in this article, however it is still compact enough for easy storage. It is more powerful than the other snow blowers and is suitable for larger areas. This electric snow blower has the power to throw snow up to 25 feet and its 15 Amp motor is perfect for clearing snow in large driveways and walkways but without using gas, oil or needing tune ups. Simply plug in the snow blower, push the button, squeeze the trigger and you are ready to effortlessly clear the snow.
The auger is made of steel and cuts 22 inches wide by 13 inches deep with each pass. We also like that it has a dual LED headlamp to make visibility possible if you need to clear snow at night.
For those that are safety conscious, this particular snow blower has a discrete safety switch for you to instantly turn off the snow blower which will help prevent any accidents from occurring.
It also has an adjustable directional chute that gives you the option to throw the snow in whichever direction you would like.
- Motor – 15 Amp
- Clearing width – 22 in
- Throw distance – 25 ft
- Ploughing capacity – 25 tons per hour
- Weight – 34.6 pounds
- Auger material – All-Steel
- Discreet safety switch for instant turn off
- Dual LED headlamp for night-time vision
- ETL approved
- Full 2 year warranty
- Perfect for clearing snow from larger driveways and walkways
- No gas, oil or tune ups
- Easy to maintain
This compact electric snow blower by Snow Joe is ideal for larger areas. It is powerful and with a 22″ wide by 13″ deep cut-ability, it will clear up snow in a fraction of the time that a smaller snow blower will. The LED light is also very handy when it is necessary to clear snow at night-time. If you are looking for a compact electric snow blower that is more suitable for larger areas, then this electric snow blower by Snow Joe is a good option for you.
Best Selling 20″ Electric Snow Thrower
20 Inch 13 Amp Corded Electric Snow Thrower by Greenworks
This plug-in and go electric snow blower is the perfect gas free alternative for small to medium sized locations. This snowblower features a 20″ clearing path and 10″ clearing depth ability. It also has a 180 degree directional chute allowing you full directional control of the snow. It has a push button start and provides a smooth operational use with very little noise. No batteries or charging is necessary, just an easy plug in and go performance. It also discharges snow up to 20 feet from the directional chute making it very easy to clear an average size driveway. There is also an option to purchase a dual LED light version which will provide greater visibility at any time of the day or night.
- 13 amp motor provides powerful results
- 20″ clearing path and 10″ clearing depth
- An adjustable 180 degree directional shoot
- Dual LED lights for greater visibility during the day and night
- Discharges snow up to 20 feet
- Item weight – 32 lbs
- Auger material – plastic
What we like about this snow thrower is that it has a decent width of 20″, making it quicker to clear snow. With a 13 Amp motor, it is powerful enough to clear several inches of snow with a throwing distance of 20 feet . The push button makes it very easy to turn on and is very light and easy to manoeuvre. We also like that it is small and very easy to store.
It is almost completely made of plastic and because it is lightweight it can be difficult to gain traction. It works perfectly on powdery snow, however it may struggle on wet snow as the snow becomes heavier. As with all corded snow blowers, make sure you have an outlet near the area you need to clear the snow (for example, the driveway) before ordering a corded snow blower.
If you are looking for an affordable, reliable and effective compact snow thrower, then this unit by Greenworks is a very good option for you.
Best 18″ Compact Electric Snow Thrower with Light
18 Inch 15 Amp Motor Electric Snow Thrower by Snow Joe
Boasting the performance of a gas machine with the convenience of electric power, this compact snow thrower by Snow Joe is an excellent option for you to remove snow from your home, this winter. It is perfect for clearing snow from mid to large size driveways and walkways. No gas or oil is needed or tune ups. All is needed is an electric supply nearby making this electric snow thrower easy to use and maintain. With a powerful 15 amp motor, this compact electric snow blower moves up to 720 pounds of snow per minute.
What makes this snow thrower stand out from the others in this article is that it uses a four blade steel auger which can cut up to 18 inches wide and 10 inches deep per pass.
We like the simplicity of starting this unit, the power it provides and the ease of maneuverability.
- Motor – 15 amp
- Clearing width – 18″
- Throw distance – 27 feet
- Ploughing capacity – 720 lbs per minute
- 180-degree discharge chute
- Weight – 33.7 lbs
- 20 watt headlight
- ETL approved
- Full 2 year warranty
This snow thrower by Snow Joe is not only very powerful but with its easy glide wheels, it is also very easy to manoeuvre and control. What is more, it also has scraper blades at the base of the unit which scrape the snow clear right to the ground without causing damage to your deck or pavement. It also comes with a 20 watt headlight, making visibility easier, especially at night.
This is a very impressive snow thrower for quality and performance. If you have a medium sized property and you need a compact snow thrower, then you should definitely consider this unit.
Best Budget Small Electric Snow Shovel
13 Inch 10 Amp Electric Snow Shovel by Snow Joe
This compact little snow shovel by Snow Joe is not only the smallest unit we are reviewing today but it is also the cheapest. However, just because it is small doesn’t mean that it is not an effective and efficient snow blower. It still has a 10 Amp motor, which allows it to move up to 400 lbs of snow per minute. Its 2 blade auger clears 13 inches wide and 6 inches deep with each pass. Obviously, this is smaller than previous snow blowers and will take longer to clear an area of snow, however if it is a small area you need to clear, then this nimble little snow blower is very handy.
- Handy for clearing snow quickly and efficiently on decks, steps, patios and sidewalks.
- 10 Amp motor clears up to 400 lbs of snow per minute.
- 2 blade auger cuts 13″ wide and 6″ deep with each pass.
- Ergonomic design with adjustable handle is good for minimizing user strain.
- CSA approved
- Full 2-year warranty
- Depth of Snow Cut – 6 inches
- Maximum Throw Distance – 20 feet
- Maximum Plowing Capacity- 400 lbs/min
- Push button start
- Safety switch for accident prevention
- Weight – 13.8 lbs
Unfortunately, this little snow blower does not have a movable direction chute, so you can’t direct the snow to where you want to, however, this is a budget unit so it won’t compare to the more expensive ones. That being said, if you want an affordable, efficient snow thrower, then this budget unit will be more than good enough to do the job on small areas.
How To Choose The Best Compact Snow Blower
There are many different types of snow blowers available and they come in many different sizes and quality. We know that it can be a little difficult to find the right one suitable for your needs. Therefore, to help you choose the correct snowblower for you, we have compiled a number of criteria you should look out for when choosing a compact snow blower.
- Size – The size of the compact snow blower you purchase should be relevant to the size of the area you wish to clear snow. In this article, we have reviewed snow blowers that have a width of between 13 inches and 22 inches. These measurements are relevant to how much snow the snow blower can clear at a time (each pass). The 13 inch width is the smallest snow blower reviewed and this unit will also clear the least amount of snow per pass. Being the smallest, the 13 inch wide snow blower will only be suitable for smaller areas. On the other hand, the 22 inch width snow blower is almost double the size and of course this one will be able to clear a lot more than the 13 inch. The 22 inch snow blower can be suitable for mid-range areas.
- Motor – The size and power of the snow blower motor is measured in Amps. The number of Amps will show how much power the motor has and subsequently how much snow it will be able to throw out. The smallest snow blower in this article has a 10 amp motor and the largest has a 15 amp motor. Neither of these motors will compare to the power of a gas snow blower however the higher the amp number the more power the motor will have and subsequently the more snow it will be able to throw.
- Material – Many parts of these snow blowers are made of plastic, however some of them are almost completely made of plastic. Generally, the cheaper snow blowers have plastic augers. The Augers are the blades that cut up the snow before pushing it through the snow chute and out several feet away. It goes without saying that steel will be stronger than plastic especially if you happen to glide over uneven ground or find rocks and other debris that may damage the blades.
- Battery or cord – Many snow blowers are gas-powered, however electric snow blowers are becoming more and more popular. If you buy an electric compact snow blower, then it is important to have a power source near the area you will be clearing of snow. If you would prefer not to have a corded snow blower, then the battery option is also available. The battery option needs to be charged for 1 1/2 to 2 hours to fully charge and then should have enough power to clear the snow around an average sized home.
- Directional chute – Four out of the five compact snow blowers reviewed in this article have 180° directional chutes that allow you to manoeuvre the snow in the direction you want it to fall (they normally throw snow 20 to 25 feet away from the area you are clearing). This can be especially important if the day is windy because if the snow is blown in the direction of the wind then the snow will just come back on to you and the area you just cleared up.
(If you would like to have a look at some compact pressure washers, then have a look at these small pressure washer reviews.)
Snow blowers are an extremely handy tool to have when you need to clear a lot of snow from your property. They not only save time but they also save a lot of painstaking effort that using a shovel make cause. We hope you found this article on the Best Compact Snow Blowers 2019 helpful and we hope you were able to find the Best Small Snow Blower for your Small Space.