Today we are going to find the very best small pressure washer available in the market this year. Pressure washing is a method of cleaning where high-pressure water spray is used to remove different types of dirt or substances from surfaces or objects like walls and vehicles. This method continues to grow in popularity due to a variety of reasons including (but not limited to):
- Convenience – traditional cleaning tasks needs a tremendous amount of time, energy and physical effort. For example, scrubbing, which puts unhealthy pressure on your back and joints, can be replaced with pressure washing. With pressure washing, you can stand up straight (very good for your posture!) while you are controlling the direction of the water towards dirt or unsightly mess.
- Time saving – with traditional cleaning methods, you allot plenty of time towards gathering cleaning materials, mixing up your preferred cleaning formula and laborious scrubbing. With pressure washing, you get to remove some of these steps without compromising your desired cleansing results.
- It keeps your surroundings safe – pressure washing blasts away harmful contaminants such as mold. Mold can mix in the air that we breathe, so sending them away via pressure washing is a wise and healthy thing to do.
- It preserves the life of your properties – your driveway or stairs can experience premature decay if left uncleaned. Pressure washing effectively keeps decay-causing substances away. Bonus advantage: your properties get to look amazing too!
- Good for the environment – conventional cleaning methods utilize chemical cleaners that are very effective in getting the results that you want but they come at a price. The contaminants in these chemical products build up over time and will do a lot of harm against wildlife, plants, animals and humans. Pressure washers are 100 percent chemical free, they just blast water at a very high speed and power. The pressure strength is enough to give satisfying outcomes without resorting to unsafe chemicals.
- Water preservation – some studies show that more than 70 percent of water can be saved via pressure washing. Water expelled from a garden hose is usually 50 times weaker than water expelled from a pressure washer, which means that significantly less water is needed to get the job done when using a pressure washer.
- Keeps the value of your house at a high rate – because pressure washers can greatly slow down the decaying process of various things, expect the curb appeal of your house to remain excellent with regular pressure washing.
- Prevents your home from looking like it came from a Halloween movie – cobwebs are a familiar sight at room corners and windows; using a broom or a rag will not be as effective as using a pressure washer.
In this article, the Best Small Pressure Washers, we will be taking a look at the most efficient pressure washers that the market has to offer. One of these machines can give you numerous benefits and will not take up much of your space. We hope that you can come up with a model that you want by the end of this article.
This page contains affiliate links. We hope you love the products we recommend but just so you know, if you purchase a product from one of our links below, we may receive a small commission. Details here.
No.1 Recommended Best Small Pressure Washer
High Pressure Washer Cleaner Machine by Schafter
First on this list is a small pressure washer by Schafter. It is very easy to use, with uncomplicated controls that even a small kid can use this pressure water with ease. It is designed for the most reliable cleaning of patios, decks, driveways and house siding but several times faster when compared to conventional cleaning routines. Every aspect of this small pressure washer will satisfy you.
- Material: Plastic and Metal
- Dimension: 11.7 x 10.5 x 29.6 inch
- Power Cord Length: 32.8 ft
- High Pressure Hose Length: 19.7 ft
- Voltage: 100-120 V / 60 Hz
- Wattage: 1800 W
- Rated Pressure: 2200 PSI
- Max Pressure: 3000 PSI
- Flow Rate: 1.76 GPM
- Max inlet water pressure: 1 Mpa
- Protection Type: IPX5
- Water Temperature: 0-40℃
- Safety Automatic Total Stop System – automatically turns off the machine when the trigger is not engaged
- 5 interchangeable nozzles
This pressure washer is almost without noise yet it is highly effective when it comes to blasting away dirt, grime, mold and other unwanted substances. It is also easy to move so no single part of your home deserves to be left uncleaned with this small pressure washer. We have chosen this product as our No. 1 recommendation because it helps make cleaning tasks a pleasure.
Best Water-Saving Small Pressure Washer
Small High Pressure Washer by Annovi Reverberi
This highly rated product on Amazon is perfect for your small space. It can clean the most stubborn and tough grime almost effortlessly plus its long power cord and hose helps you clean large stretches of area from a single point.
Basic features and specifications:
- PSI: 1,900
- 30 foot high-pressure hose
- 35 foot power cord featuring Auto-Reset GFCI module
- Integrated 48 oz. detergent tank
- 4 different Quick Connect (QC) pressure washer nozzles. (1) 25 degree nozzle tip (2) 0 degree nozzle (3) A Rotary/Turbo nozzle (4) A low pressure spray soap nozzle
- Quick connect garden hose adaptor
- Weight: 33 lbs
- 1 year ‘Bumper-to-Bumper’ warranty
- US based customer service by phone or email
This pressure washer may not be the cheapest item in this review but you can still save a lot of money in the long run if you decide to get this unit for yourself. It uses up to 80 percent less water than an ordinary garden hose. This little pressure washer is very easy to assemble and is safe to use on most vehicles, furniture and various surfaces.
Best For Maximum Maneuverability Small Pressure Washer
Electric Pressure Washer 14.5 AMP, with Hose Reel by Sun Joe
Thanks to its 34-inch extension spray wand and rear wheels, this unit from Sun Joe gives you more flexibility when cleaning hard to reach areas and tight spaces such as beneath decks, behind grills, gutters, patio furniture including undersides of automotive vehicles. It is not too heavy and women of average build should be able to use it without much difficulty. For a reasonable price, this unit performs well and is highly rated.
Basic features and specifications:
- 5 easy to connect spray tips (0º, 15º, 25º, 40º and Soap) for light, medium and heavy duty cleaning tasks
- Uses a powerful 14.5-amp/1800-Watt motor that can generate up to 2030 PSI/1.76 GPM and provide maximum cleaning power
- An onboard reel keeps the 20 ft (6m) high pressure hose well organized allowing quick and easy clean-up and storage
- Weight: 32 lbs
- With a detergent tank
If you seek a versatile machine with good power, then this pressure washer could be the unit that you are looking for. An added feature is the Total Stop System which automatically turns off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged. As a final note for the potential buyer, this product works well even against tough dirt and stains.
Best Power Control Compact Pressure Washer
14.5-Amp Electric Pressure Washer with Pressure-Select Technology by Sun Joe
Fourth on our list is a unit that comes from Sun Joe, a small pressure washer which features Pressure Select Technology. This key feature allows its user to choose between two cleaning options: low and high. The low option is ideal for everyday dirt, grease and grime while the high option is perfect for tougher cleaning tasks. If you prefer more flexibility with your cleaning choices, then we highly recommend this small pressure washer.
Basic features and specifications:
- Pressure Select Technology – choose between low and high settings
- Total Stop System – automatically turns off the machine when the trigger is not engaged
- PSI: 2030
- GPM: 1.76
- Motor: 14.5 Amp/1800 Watt Motor
- Weight: 27.8
- With a detergent tank
- Warranty: Full 2 Year Warranty
This durable pressure washer gives you the freedom to pick from large cleaning projects to small spaces with its Pressure Select Technology. The easy-glide wheels provide extra comfort and maneuverability when you are moving from place to place. This high-performance small pressure washer is intelligently designed to give homeowners or shopkeepers an easier time when it comes to cleaning cars, sidewalks and other outdoor surfaces.
Best Budget Little Pressure Washer
13 Amp Pressure Washer by Greenworks
Ease of use and an affordable pressure washer is possible with this unit from Greenworks. The final item on our article is built to fit the cleaning needs of most homeowners and business owners. For greater stability, you are allowed to use this small pressure washer either vertically or horizontally.
Basic features and specifications:
- PSI: 1600
- GPM: 1.2
- Can be used vertically or horizontally
- 20 ft. High pressure hose
- 35 ft. power cord
- With two high-pressure nozzles
- With an attachable detergent bottle
- Smooth operation and less noise
- Easy plug and go
From patio, furniture to sidewalks, the simple design of this machine makes it easy to clean longer and more comfortably. Do not be fooled by the price of this small pressure washer. One Amazon reviewer claimed that this unit was able to effectively clean 7 years of grime (mold, algae) staining a stone patio. Another reviewer said that when the motor of his unit malfunctioned, Greenworks was quick to replace his unit. Despite of its affordability, this budget little pressure washer has been labeled as “Amazon’s Choice” at the time of writing this article.
How to Choose the Best Small Pressure Washer
With global warming on the rise, many homeowners and shopkeepers start to feel that each individual must take more responsibility for their actions. Every deed counts, however small. Alone we can do little, however, together we can do so much. Our accumulated efforts towards preserving our environment will be highly beneficial to us and for the generations that are yet to come. We can start taking little actions right this moment. And what better way to begin than by finding alternatives for our current cleansing regimens. Purchasing small pressure washers for our households or businesses are a fine starting point, so keep the following points in mind when you are about to buy your first (or next) small pressure washer:
PSI (pounds per square inch)
This determines the force of the water coming from the machine until it hits a surface or an object. Small pressure washers with high PSIs are more effective at eliminating tough dirt, grime or stains.
Flow rate, measured by GPM (gallons per minute)
This metric determines the diameter of the spray. A small pressure washer with a high PSI strength will do little good if the spray is only as large as a ballpoint pen. If possible, ask the manufacturer for an actual demonstration so that you can decide if the spray diameter is good enough for your cleaning requirements.
The power source
Small pressure washers have two main power source categories: gas and electric. You’ll find below the differences of these two groups.
Gas – small gas-powered pressure washers usually have better cleaning powers versus electric powered pressure washers. You need not be near a power source when using these types of machines. The absence of a power cord means that you are not restrained to places with an electric socket. You can utilize the power of this small pressure washer wherever you may be.
Electric – these types of small pressure washers are without any emissions. It is great for the environment and you can reduce your household or shop’s carbon footprint. They release no harmful fumes making them ideal for use indoors or in enclosed spaces.
The body material
Small pressure washers have two main body material categories: plastic and steel. Machines with plastic bodies are naturally less durable than machines with steel bodies, however they cost less. On the other hand, it is harder to break or crack small pressure washers with steel bodies but they are likely to cost more.
Here is one of those moments when we can really and proudly say that “bigger is not always better”. There are plenty of lightweight small pressure washers with the same pounds per square inch and flow rate as compared to their bigger counterparts. If you own a smaller pressure washer, you won’t use up much of your space. Next, if you seek to clean multiple areas or objects, you won’t have a hard time carrying around a light pressure washer. Also, if you are about to go somewhere and wishes to bring your small pressure washer with you, a lightweight one will be easier to fit in the trunk of your car. The takeaway here is that if you seek a powerful small pressure washer, do not look at the total weight of the machine. Look at their PSIs and GPMs.
Length of the hose and the power cord (if your small pressure washer is electric)
The most favorable length of the hose and the power cord is at least 20 feet long. This will ensure that you will have a freer range of motion while you are blasting dirt, grime and other stains away from vehicles, furniture or surfaces.
Are the nozzle tips interchangeable?
The best small pressure washers on the market usually have interchangeable nozzle tips. Nozzle tips give you the power to adjust the output of your small pressure washer. Keep in mind that the wider the diameter of the spray, the less power it’ll have in cutting through dirt.
Your safety must always come first
After getting your own small pressure washer, and before you begin cleaning walkways or other washables, read the operating manual fully. You will find instructions in there that are only applicable for the specific model that you have bought. Seek the help of a friend (or the internet) if some terms get too technical. After reading the operating manual, we highly recommend that you wear hand gloves, ear muffs, slip-resistant shoes and good quality goggles.
Small gas-powered pressure washers should never be used in enclosed spaces or indoors. The last thing to keep in mind is that small pressure washers become hot during use. If you need to move the machine, be cautious and grab the handlebar only. Wait for it to cool (30 minutes would generally be sufficient) then put it back in its storage.
Small pressure washers give you the power to clean more efficiently with minimal effort in the shortest amount of time. And in using them, you are helping protect our planet which has no replacement. Finding the right small pressure washer for small spaces can be tricky at first, so we suggest remembering the meaning and purpose of key terms such as PSI and GPM. These two metrics determine how strong and how wide the water would be when it exits the small pressure washer.
Hopefully you found this article on the Best Small Pressure Washer 2019 helpful and got an idea on which small pressure washer would be suitable for your home.