Small or big, no matter what the size of the place you live in, it is guaranteed to accumulate dust. Sure, a vacuum cleaner can clean out your floors and can do all the dirty work for you – but the problem is, it can be pretty challenging for a small space to be the home of a large, dust-busting vacuum cleaner you regularly see on TV. If you want to invest in a vacuum cleaner, you not only want to make sure it can do the job properly, but you also want to make sure it doesn’t take up too much valuable space when you need to store it away.
Well, I’ve got some good news for you! There are actually plenty of smaller, compact vacuum cleaners available in the market today that can perform just as well as their bigger siblings and they are the ones we will review in this article today.
I’ve listed down below the best small vacuum cleaner reviews that are powerful enough to get most of the job done. If you want to know what made it to the list, then please keep on reading below.
This page contains affiliate links. We hope you love the products we recommend but just so you know, if you purchase a product from one of our links below, we may receive a small commission. Details here.
No. 1 Recommended Space Saving Vacuum Cleaner
Dyson V8 Absolute Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
The Dyson V8 Absolute is on top of my list, all for good reasons. First of all, it is a stick vacuum that comes with a docking station, so it is very easy to store. Plus it is cordless and its dust canister is also not very big, making it absolutely ideal for smaller homes as well as apartments.
But don’t underestimate this little compact unit as it comes with a powerful suction designed for floor-to-ceiling cleaning and it does the job perfectly, from trapping large debris to getting rid of finer particles. No wonder it has been considered to be among the best stick vacuum cleaners on the market.
What’s even more impressive is that this product is very versatile. Are you planning to clean your car this weekend? Well, I got some good news! This cord-free vacuum can be quickly transformed into a handheld vacuum with just one click.
Other Interesting Features:
- In addition to its small, compact design, this vacuum cleaner is relatively easy to maneuver. Its sleek design is pretty impressive as it will allow you to clean those hard-to-reach spaces. It becomes even easier to maneuver when you are using it as a handheld vacuum. You will be able to target messes confined to a small area and efficiently get rid of debris.
- This is also one of the easiest vacuums to use. Its assembly is not complicated at all and it is easy to move back and forth on all types of surfaces.
- This is one of the quieter stick vacuum cleaners today, with only 72.4 decibels; just a little higher than what city traffic sounds like.
- It is low-maintenance too! It will take you less than 15 seconds to empty the canister. Plus, you don’t have to touch any debris or dirt, thanks to its hygienic bin emptying feature.
- It features HEPA filtration that catches allergens and ejects cleaner air than the air you breathe; perfect for anyone suffering from allergies.
So for those who are looking for a two-in-one vacuum cleaner that lets you save a lot of storage space, the Dyson V8 Absolute could be the perfect vacuum for you. It can provide entire-home cleaning and it won’t disappoint; it is extremely powerful and does a tremendous job at sucking up any mess. Plus, it is very easy to use! Believe me, the toughest decision you will ever have to make is whether to use this Vacuum Cleaner as a stick or a handheld.
Best Compact Powerful Vacuum Cleaner
Miele Pure Suction Canister Vacuum
This compact vacuum cleaner is small but powerful. It comes with an egg-shaped design made for homes that don’t have a great deal of space. It is also easy to store in even the smallest of cupboards. It is packed with a surprising level of power, versatility and various accessories like a dusting brush tool, crevice tool, and upholstery tool so you can tackle any job.
It actually comes with six different cleaning modes, to meet your needs. This vacuum cleaner features a variable speed vortex motor which increases power efficiency at the selected power level.
You also get to choose exactly what style of cleaning you want to complete, whether it is cleaning some curtains or digging deep into a high pile carpet.
Other Interesting Features:
- There’s an anti-static conductor inserted in its handles to prevent static discharge between the vacuum and its user.
- Its floor head comes with a metal sole plate so it is easy to glide across surfaces. It also has rubberized wheels so it will not scratch the floor.
- This is also by far the quietest vacuum with only 63.8 decibels, just the same as the loudness of a dishwasher.
- It comes with four layers of filtration: a HEPA dust compartment filter, an AirClean exhaust filter, an AirClean 3D Efficiency FJM filter bag, and a pre-motor filter.
- Assembling the vacuum is pretty straightforward.
Miele is a brand that has been known to prioritize quality, convenience, and performance of its products and this Pure Suction Canister Compact Vacuum Cleaner is no exception – its powerful suction will have you cleaning with confidence. You can easily move and suction everything in your path.
Best Handheld Compact Vacuum Cleaner
Holife 6KPA Hand Vacuum Cleaner
For smaller messes, a handheld compact vacuum cleaner offers a quick clean-up without hogging so much storage space. Though it can’t replace a full-size vacuum, it will definitely come handy for quickly tackling dry spills, food debris or those pet hairs that stick to just about everything. The Holife 6KPA Hand Vacuum Cleaner is your best bet. Its compact size and cordless design are just amazing, even its handle has been uniquely designed to completely fit within the palm of your hand. But this does not mean that its suction power has reduced. In fact, it actually catches stuff well and does not clog anywhere. There is also a cloth filter system inside the compartment so the dust won’t go back into the room.
This vacuum comes with a liquid nozzle attachment, recharging base case, adapter, liquid nozzle attachment, crevice tool, brush attachment, and an easy-to-follow user guide. I really like its brush accessory since it performs well for dusting. Its crevice tool too is very effective for corners, staircases, and edges of the wall.
And since it is cordless, you will not be limited where you want to go and there’s no need to search for a wall socket every time you are using it. This vacuum comes with an integrated lithium battery that you can charge anytime. Charging time is also not too long, as it will only take about 5 hours to charge once the battery is empty, and it has a longer shelf life compared to other batteries.
Other Interesting Features:
- It uses a lithium battery that can hold more energy and has been proven to be non-toxic and has no memory effect.
- It comes with a multi-layer filter to really help you in cleaning up a number of items.
- The 6 KPA feature can generate a robust suction for reliable and quick pickup of dirt.
- It features an ergonomic handle to lessen fatigue and make sure it is comfortable to use.
- It comes with strong cyclonic suction that sucks even the tiniest traces of dirt.
So if you are looking for a compact, cordless, Efficient Hand-held Vacuum Cleaner, you will definitely enjoy what HoLife can provide.
Best Value Upright Vacuum Cleaner Space Saver
Tineco A10 Hero Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
Finding a reliable upright vacuum cleaner that will not take over a chunk of space at home can be challenging. Fortunately, the Tineco A10 Hero Vacuum Cleaner stands out and hits the sweet spot between performance and space-saving quality.
It comes with a docking station that conveniently holds the vacuum cleaner including all its accessory tools, making it very easy to store every time you are not using it. Speaking of accessory tools, this product comes with a 2-in-1 dusting brush, mini power brush and a crevice tool to make sure you can reach every single nook and cranny that has most likely accumulated dust or cobwebs that you have not been able to reach before.
Plus, it has multiple modes to make sure your tasks are tailored to your own cleaning needs. The Powerful Max Mode is the highest power mode that the cleaner works at and has incredibly powerful suction. Then there’s Continuous Power Mode Switch Lock which means you can use the machine continuously without the need of holding the power button down while cleaning.
But this doesn’t end here! You can convert Tineco A10 Hero into a compact handheld vacuum. Combining it with one of its attachments or accessories, this little hand vacuum will help you fight just about any curtain, crevice or corner with just a swipe or two.
It also features HEPA filtration technology which can filter all the allergens and will only give out safe, breathable, fresh air. It will filter all the 99.99% harmful particles too.
Other Interesting Features:
- It features full-sized LED power brush that lets you see exactly what you are picking up even in darker areas of your home.
- It is super lightweight. It only weighs about six pounds, that you might feel like your sweeping air when operating this vacuum cleaner. This vacuum is lightweight enough to be used on stairways, drapes and upholstery with ease.
- The dustbin is easy to clean and empty. There’s a button release system that makes sure there will be pretty seamless dumping of all its dirt.
- The detachable lithium battery when used on regular mode, works for up to 25 minutes.
So if you are looking for a vac with compact and upright storing, you will never go wrong with the Tineco A10 Hero Stick Vacuum. This Vacuum Machine is definitely your hero.
Best Small Robot Vacuum Cleaner
eufy Boost IQ RoboVac 11S
If you are looking for an affordable robotic vacuum, I’m happy to recommend eufy Boost IQ RoboVac 11S. It has a considerably powerful suction for its price range. But most of all, it has a slim structure that makes it perfect for sneaking almost under everything, beneath the sofa or other low-hanging furniture.
This ultra-slim robotic vacuum has an incredible suction power to pick up dust, cereal, pet dander along with other common floor pollutants and to make your floors and carpets super clean. And since it has such slim dimensions, it is more capable of cleaning under your bed frame and furniture or any other tough to reach spaces.
One unique feature of this robot vacuum cleaner is that you can select preset cleaning times. So before heading out for work, set the cleaning schedule properly and you will come back with floors free from clutter. You can also select among the four different cleaning modes.
And what is even more impressive is the self-charging lithium-ion battery that docks itself whenever the power falls below a certain level. All you have to do is to connect the charging station into a standard wall outlet and this remarkable machine will do its thing.
Other Interesting Features:
- Even with its small size, it has an extra-large capacity 0.6-liter dustbin which is more than enough for a day’s worth of sweeping.
- It has a scratch-resistant tempered glass top.
- It uses a high-performance sponge air filter that I’m sure everyone with allergies will appreciate. This filter will trap microscopic dust, hair, and dandruff. It will improve the air quality and make your space more livable.
- It has large-sized wheels so it will not have any difficulty switching from hardwood to carpets, unlike most robot vacuum cleaners.
- It also has drop-sensing technology which detects the heights of the area in front of it.
- Don’t be afraid that it might topple down a flight of stairs, once it detects the possibility of falling, the vacuum will move away and resume its vacuuming task elsewhere.
- It has high-capacity Li-Ion battery that is capable of up to 100 minutes of cleaning time before needing to recharge.
Each of us would absolutely love to come home from a busy day at work to a clean home. Unfortunately, our schedules from Monday to Friday keep us busy. We could, of course, just clean our homes when the weekend comes but where is the fun in that?
Now, why not get a robot to do the house cleaning for you? The wide range of premium features the eufy Boost IQ RoboVac 11S has will really make the task painless.
How To Choose The Best Small Vacuum Cleaner
Of course, we want a vacuum that is compact enough for easy storage but you may not want something too small or else you will end up buying a vacuum that doesn’t have sufficient power to clean the way you would like or needing to empty the machine too frequently.
So make sure you consider the physical size of the vacuum according to its practical storage, the capacity of its bag or dust cup and most of all, its suction power.
Canister vacuums and stick vacuums, for instance, are very popular with apartment owners because they are often more compact compared to most upright machines. Handheld vacuums, on the other hand, are also a good choice; however, they don’t usually have a large capacity to hold dirt, so you might need to empty the machine more frequently.
Another thing you need to consider is the floor type of your home. Take note that cleaning wooden floors or tiles is a lot different than cleaning carpets. So if you have a home with different flooring, make sure to choose a vacuum that adapts to both hard floors and carpets.
Attachments are also an important part of every vacuum cleaner. Check out if the vacuum of your choice has attachments to reach into tight corners or for cleaning curtains and upholstery. If you have any pets at home and spend most of their time indoors, make sure that your vacuum cleaner can also handle the pet hair all over your home.
Vacuum cleaners with air filtration systems are also a bonus, HEPA filters, for instance, can remove more than 99.97% of particles from the air, making them an ideal choice for people with allergies.
When you are living in a small home or one without a good deal of storage, it can be pretty challenging to look for a vacuum cleaner that provides excellent suction and power but in a smaller, more compact size.
Well, I am happy to say that your search is over. This article has laid out some of the best vacuum cleaners available in the market today and they offer the same abilities as a full sized model.
So, which one of the ones I mentioned above do you think would suit you best? Let me know in the comment section below.